Talathi Model Paper No.-1
01. The average of all even numbers between 1 to 15 as
(a) 7 (b) 8 (c) 9 (d) 6
02. If Rs. 85 amounts to Rs. 95 in 3 years, what Rs. 102 will amounts to in 5 years at the same rate percent ?
03. If the radius of a sphere is doubled, then the % increase in its surface area is ?
04. The volume of a cube is equal to its surface area. The length of its edge is…..?
05. A does 4/5 of a work in 20 days. He then calls in B and they together finish the remaining work in 3 days. How long B alone would take to do the whole work?
(a) 23 days (b) 37 days (c) 37.5 days (d) 40 days
06. A man spends 75% of his income and saves Rs-1200. What is his income ?
(a) 4500 (b) 4800 (c) 5000 (d) 4000
07. In 1994 the total enrolment in a school was 1800. Next year it increased by 4%. Find the enrolment in 1995.
(a) 1872 (b) 1900 (c) 1860 (d) 1910
08. Divide Rs-588 to A,B and C in the ratio of 2:5:7
(a) 84,210,294 (b) 80,214,294 (c) 100,210,310 (d) None of these
09. A mixture of 50 liters contains wine and water in the ratio of 3:2; how much water must be added to it so that the ratio of wine to water may be 5:4.
(a) 10 (b) 8 (c) 6 (d) 4
10. If the C.I. on a sum for 2 yrs at 12.5% p.a. is Rs. 510, the S.I. on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is ?
11. If the order of English alphabet is reversed, locate the number of the letter which is seventh on the right side of letter number 14 when viewed from the left side? (a) V (b) L (c) E (d) F
The following table shows the wages to employees, interest, rent and dividend in a public sector undertaking during 1983- 86. Study it carefully and answer the questions.
|Item||Year ( Amount in Rs. Crore)|
012. Interest during the period 1984 to 1985 increased how many times?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5
13. Percentage increase in rent during 1985-86 was ?
(a) 63 (b) 65 (c) 67 (d) 69
014. Ratio of wages in 1984 to 1985 was ?
(a) 1 : 2 (b) 2:3 (c) 3 :4 (d) 4 : 5
015. Ratio of dividend in 1984 and 1986 was ?
(a) 1 : 2 (b) 1 : 3 (c) 2 : 3 (d) 3 : 4
016. Percentage of wages to total disbursement in 1986 was ?
(a) 37 (b) 47 (c) 57 (d) 67
017. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word KNIGHT, each of which has as many letters between them in the word as they have in the English alphabet?
(5) More than three
018. Pointing to a photograph Nikita said ‘She is the only grad daughter of my grandmother’s daughter’. How is the girl in photograph related to Nikita?
(2) Niece/ daughter
(4) Cannot be determined
(5) None of these
019. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
020. If the word STABLE all the consonants are replaced by the previous letter and all the vowels are replaced by the next letter which letter will be third from the left end?
(5) None of these
021. In a certain code HOUSE is written as FTVPI, how is CHAIR written in that code?
(5) None of these
022. Four of the following five are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
Choose the correct option from the choices given under the question
023 You have _______ all that is necessary.
024 He made a sign to the others ________ they might safely come back.
025 He waited ______ the lion to jump out of the cage.
026 If I am killed, you know _______ you must do.
027 He was in charge of a gang ______ all the men of gang loved him.
028 I found ______ all the eighty pieces were in it.
029 Sanjay is _______ to visit his friends next week.
030 Piyush on his own purchased this plat ______ his son.
More Talathi Exam Papers